🔩 In a nutshell:
- Full time
- Super Early Stage
- Cash (industry standards) + Stock (with great upside)
- Experience: 2-3 yrs, Front-end and Back-end Dev
- Gritty team, building for India
🪤 Oro tech stack
Backend: Node.js, AWS
Data stores: PostegreSQL, Redis
Frontend: React.js, Vue.js
👨🏻🏭 The Role
As a Full Stack Engineer at Oro, you will be involved with the engineering and product teams. You will work on a legacy-free codebase, build state-of-the-art products from scratch, lead our technical plans and have an outsized impact on our engineering and product decisions. Work on both backend and frontend systems. Help in any way you can with architecture, implementation, integrations, documentation.
- Fast paced, full-stack development of products with well-architected, well-documented and high-quality code
- Own code for the products with responsibilities including but not limited to designing, developing, testing, maintenance of products.
- Building RESTful services and do devops.
- Talking to customers and business teams to suggest improvement areas in product flows.
- Create peer learnings for team members and build context for new team mates
- Help with building Oro's tech team and iterating on the hiring framework.
- Provide regular feedback to your team (peers and managers) to ensure continuous improvement.
- Keeping abreast with the latest technologies and working on your skills regularly.
👟 Skills & Requirements
‼️ Must haves
- Good knowledge and experience of working with backend systems; designing client-side and server-side architecture, including production maintenance experience are must-haves.
- Understanding of micro-services oriented architecture REST APIs.
- Understanding of GraphQL APIs.
- Experience in driving and delivering complex features/software modules from technical design to launch.
- Comfortable writing automated tests with tools like Jest and Cypress.
- Knowledge of ancillary technologies, including logging, monitoring, dashboarding etc.
- Have empathy for the users you build for
🍰 Good to have
- Experience in the fintech industry
- Experience working with cyber security and compliance
🏢 More About Us
☕ Who is building Oro?
We've made a conscious effort to put together people who come from diverse experiences, not just in terms of industries, but also in terms of the time they've spent in these industries. We've built businesses before, and we're super excited about what Oro can become!
Oro is Sreekesh's 6th entrepreneurial gig, but his biggest achievement is losing 50Kgs of bodyweight in 2020! A product person, a designer and a UI/UX person, he was the cofounder of Genie and handled growth partnerships for Dunzo. It is usually advisable to schedule meetings with him after his first cup of coffee.
Co-founder of Genie with Sreekesh and Parth, before leading Dunzo's Chennai business for 2 years and Hyderabad business for 3 quarters. He just found out that he's lactose intolerant and that his entire life has been a lie. You can find him arguing with cooks to make food as per his dietary requirements. He's also the CEO.
Parth is Oro's resident Gujju fixer, always in shorts. At any point, he's thinking either food or money. Has been an entrepreneur since he was 20, starting a construction company, a grocery startup before cofounding Genie which got acquired by Dunzo where he was handling merchant ops.
Mithun is a doting father, a surfing enthusiast and pro badminton player. He also happens to be the founder and CEO of CaratLane.com – India's first omni channel jewellery brand founded in 2008.
Mali is the most radiant of us all! Apart from keeping us accountable, he's the Director of TSM Group, one of the largest pre-owned car dealership and one of the biggest distributors of 3rd party financial products in South India, representing all leading banks in the country since 1988.
Can't wait to work with us! But there's more -
- Flexible vacations and working hours: If you're working with us, means we trust you.
- A brand new laptop: Which ever suits your work needs - Mac or Windows, you choose. You will be the best to take that call.
- Easy remote work policy: If you want to work from home (or anywhere) for some time, we are easy. No need to take vacation.
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement decisions to build Oro from scratch. The focus is on a quality product and the big little details.
- Company health and insurance policy: We take health seriously, and so should you. The insurance policy is just a part of the package.
- Allowances for work: We all need certain things to get our work done. So get those things that are beneficial to succeed in this role.
🏁 The Process
We want you as soon as possible. But, we are willing to wait for the right candidate.
- Get to know each other - You'll talk to someone who already works with Oro, understand what we do and how we do it. Don't worry! This is a non-technical round. It's meant to get you excited about Oro and see if we align together.
- Technical Rounds - This is to evaluate your problem solving skills; how you break down a problem and how you think about solving it. We'll work with data structures, algorithms, and database & system design - understanding the technical stand point. Also, how you will grow with Oro.
- Final Chat - So you're almost there. Have a chat with the leadership to understand your interview experience, talk about your ambitions, what you're looking for. We value team fit, and want to you to see if you'll enjoy working with us. And, finally, compensation too.
👋 How to apply
- If you are interested, and think we'd be a good fit for you. Apply here.
- Think you can add value some other way? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is there something else you want to talk about? Write to us at email@example.com
Can't wait to hear from you! 🥳